miercuri, septembrie 02, 2009

Genesis

When I had no eyes, no light; for the world, no sight
everything was such a peaceful maze
The days I had no eyes, the days of sweet and dreamless nights.
Darkness
Consuming, protecting, embracing
Silent, frail and fearless
Night.
How could I still not hold that day I could first feel
The cold of scissors and of drawing steel
The days they first sew in my eyes
The first days I knew no longer what is real.
Steel
Slashing, Cutting, Deepening
Sharp, Cold, strong
Metal
For the light was all so bright
And oh, I danced, I danced into the black-freed night!
Music was itself benign, and your love could have no fear.
Stitches held everything still as near.
(Blind light in a cornered sight)


The needle went through the stainless skin
just below my forehead and high above my lips
And as light crawled in steps of violin
Darkness knew of light, and light crawled in -eclipse-

Then they held my hands and legs and flowing blood
They did not know what they were up against
The didn’t know of the world inside the flood
And they drew the eyes of a world condensed.
(A strangled star catches the falling night
No sight could ever make it right)

Shapes fall in elongated sorrows
and time is scared itself, counting shrinking hours.
Steps fall still as he takes my hand and follows
Now both are blind, faces no longer ours…

And love, do you remember….

Niciun comentariu: